"I don’t know why I keep shouting at them."
"Because every time you see them happy you remember how sad they’re going to be. And it breaks your heart. Because what’s the point in them being happy now if they’re going to be sad later. The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later."
a reminder to please please please let me know if i’ve been gross or something because forreal
the struggle to unlearn shit is real as fuck and i make mistakes
i’m not perfect and i still do gross shit and i’m working on being a better person and creating safe places for people
i see so many posts that are like “ahhh a friend of mine did something gross and i don’t know how to tell them” like if i’m ever that person please let me know
fluff for everyone who’s having a bad day <3
- John slipping his hand into Sherlock’s whenever he feels Sherlock getting overwhelmed
- John squeezing Sherlock’s hand and they venture out into the battlefield, as Sherlock insists on calling it
- Sherlock grabbing John’s hand excitedly as he shouts the game is on, John!
- John finding Sherlock pacing in a dark alley, lost deep in thought and clearly freezing in the cold winter air, and slipping a gloved hand into Sherlock’s to remind him that he’s there
- John gently intertwining both their hands’ fingers together and lightly pushing Sherlock back against the wall to kiss him, not harshly or passionately, but softly and deeply and glowingly
- Sherlock bravely taking John’s hand in public whenever they get weird looks or the ‘oh, you’re married jokes,’ and saying yes we are with such a fierce look at John that John blushes and nearly crushes the bones in Sherlock’s hand in his effort to show his gratitude
- John angrily grabbing Sherlock’s hand whenever they’re walking along and he sees other people look at him with interest and his heart jumps irrationally with jealousy
- John and Sherlock laying in bed and playing with each other’s hands; John dancing his fingers against Sherlock’s palm with an ethereal touch that makes Sherlock shudder
- John and Sherlock holding hands as they sit curled up together on the couch, John’s thumb lightly stroking Sherlock’s knuckles and Sherlock feeling his stomach turn to goo at the mere thought of that thoughtless touch
- John and Sherlock dancing in the living room of 221B, their eyes alight with laugh and their faces glowing with laughter, as Sherlock grips John’s hand and John spins him around and brings him in close so that his arms are crossed around Sherlock’s body, but they’re laughing so hard that they fall over in a heap of limbs, John crushed beneath Sherlock but still gripping his hands like he’s holding on for dear life
- John holding Sherlock’s hand and suddenly pointing out that this is the hand he reached out to him when Sherlock fell — never jumped — and this is the hand he touched Sherlock’s gravestone with, and trying not to cry at the mere memory, because he knows that Sherlock is here now, forever, he’s not leaving, but Sherlock squeezes both of his hands in his and says Marry me, John Watson, without even thinking, and then blushes and looks away like he thinks that John will say no, but John’s breath catches and his hands can suddenly feel Sherlock’s a million times more intensely, because Sherlock is there, he is real, and oh God yes, Sherlock, what could I want more than to spend all of my days with the man I love? and they’re kissing and Sherlock’s lips are real, here, and yes, I’ll marry you, Sherlock
a friend asked me today who did i dress and put make up on for
i said myself
Being a social awareness, non-violence and equality blog can be hard sometimes because everytime you get into a new topic and start posting about that, you’re going to lose followerss that just dont give a fuck about stuff that might not yet be on their radar.
then if that’s the case
don’t care about your followers
or make your shit more interesting.
Not caring about followers would mean not caring about and thus giving up on spreading awareness. Also I cannot see how this stuff isnt interesting. If the rainbow press would pirouette the fuck around 180° for maybe a second, they could instead of being shitty ass media use their preposterous entirety to flag and flame every stupid MRA, every racist - especially cops, every misogynyst/misogynoiryst, every classist, every bully, every domestically violent person, or violent people in general, every climate change denier, every hateful pastor, every industry thats poisoning your health to quadruple their wealth, every KKK-apologist and at-the-same-time anti-islam-bigot, every fat- and slutshaming idiot, every bodypolicing fucktwat, every pro-slavery-like prison policy advocate, every ebola fear-mongerer, every lgbt+bashing mudsoaken and pissstained cardboard imposter version of a traditional values glorifying fuckboy piece of shit, maybe then I could see a way how these issues could be more interesting. Maybe
Any one else terrified that this has more notes than almost anything else in the asexual tag, and most of them are supporting this statement.
Can we possibly get more notes on this than they did because this is one of the highest notes ive seen on the tags and it shows ace people a really depressing idea that there will always be more ignorant and intolerant people than allies and that would’ve been so damaging to me when first realizing I was ace.
It’s also not scientifically sound. They’re speaking here of asexual reproduction. That’s not something we’ve claimed to be able to do. By saying we’re asexual, we’re not referring to our genetic/biological abilities or even our physical attributes. We’re talking about something we feel is inherent to us as people. Sexuality is fluid and personal, and I don’t think anyone has the right to define or dismiss someone else’s sexual identity.
I agree with Ezzy. This could have been a horribly damaging thought, not only to someone identifying as asexual, but to a friend or acquaintance of an asexual person. People need to be aware that this is a seriously false image of what we are and how we’re labeling ourselves.
Asexual reproduction and asexuality as a sexual orientation are two completely fucking different things, therefore this person’s argument is illogical (especially since homosexuals won’t reproduce unless they engage in artificial insemination or engage in sex they don’t really want to) Before it was even really considered as a sexual orientation, Kinsey studies reported roughly 1% of participants indicating a lack of sexual attraction. Recent studies replicate this. Furthermore, even among sexually reproducing animals, asexuality or lack of sexual attraction occurs, just like homosexuality. In a recent experience examining sheep, it was found that a consistent percentage of sheep (who were hormonally and physically FINE) would not have sex with neither the same or opposite sex. Furthermore, some of the rams would not engage in sex or exhibit arousal even when faced with a female in heat.
WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO REALIZE THAT ASEXUALITY IN HUMANS IS AN ORIENTATION, NOT A REPRODUCTIVE STRATEGY, AND THAT IT’S ABOUT ATTRACTION, NOT ABOUT SEXUAL ACTS. SOME ASEXUALS HAVE SEX, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN THEY FEEL ATTRACTION, WHICH IS WHAT ASEXUALITY IS. JUST LIKE SOME SEXUAL PEOPLE DON’T HAVE SEX, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO REMAIN ABSTINENT FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER, BUT THEY MIGHT FEEL ATTRACTION - THEY JUST DON’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
REPEAT AFTER ME: ASEXUALITY IS THE LACK OF SEXUAL ATTRACTION. IT IS NOT A REPRODUCTIVE STRATEGY. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REPRODUCTION OR SEXUAL ACTS. IT IS THE LACK OF SEXUAL ATTRACTION.
so many of my friends are queer that i genuinely forget that the majority of the population isn’t on a regular basis
yeah i find it pretty funny when people call others out like “don’t just assume” because for real, it’s at least 85 percent.
please get off my post with your heteronormative bullshit and realise that a) you have no way of knowing how many people are cishet based on limited data and laws and social stigma preventing people from being open about their identity, b) you have no reason whatsoever to make presumptions about other people’s identities and c) that ‘straight until proven otherwise’ is an attitude which pressures people into going through the stressful process of ‘coming out’ on a regular basis, thanks
johnlock becoming canon is going to be so ground breaking it’s going to be huge people around the world are going to be shocked because of those hetero goggles and then there will be people like us who will literally weep from it because it’s the most beautiful love story i can think of there will be teenagers who think they are somehow not normal because of their sexuality and they are going to see these men kiss on this emmy award winning mainstream show and are going to realize they are perfect just the way they are it’s going to change lives the full impact of it is going to be so huge
Important tweets from your pal clover
↳  Favourite Female Character - They’re all important and must be protected at all costs. I totally can’t and don’t want to choose between them, because they all have something that I like, and something that I don’t like. And they all have flaws and aren’t purely perfect, which makes me in love with them even more.
982.Muggleborns’ muggle friends finding this account and showing it to them over break while the muggleborns sweat nervously, but are really finding it hilarious. They then show it to all their other muggleborn friends once school starts again. Now when something similar to one of these texts posts happens they giggle histerically, and yell “muggleborn headcanon!” much to the confusion of their classmates.